1. While being handcuffed, Linden looks around to see a sleeping area for a young girl, stopping on a pink t-shirt. Linden and Holder are eventually released by the FBI. The FBI believes that the two may have stumbled into a terrorism investigation. Lt. Oakes scolds Linden for entering the building without a warrant. Linden tells him the sleeping area she stopped at the location could contain evidence related to Rosie’s murder, but he insists that she stay away from that location. Later, Linden calls the station and asks for the Larsen case files to be emailed to her personal computer, saying that Oakes approves.
2. Stan Larsen tells his wife, Mitch, that he will take the boys to school, but she insists on doing it. In the garage, she realizes that she has forgotten something and leaves the boys inside the car with the engine running. Upstairs, she sees a televised news report about Rosie’s crime scene photographs and sits to watch it. Mitch’s sister, Terry, soon enters the exhaust-filled garage and panics, but the boys are unharmed. After learning of the incident, Stan attempts to clean out Rosie’s room, telling Mitch that they need to move forward with their life. Mitch blames Stan for allowing Rosie to stay home that weekend of the dance while they were out of town. He counters, telling Mitch that had she not been so strict with Rosie, Rosie might not have kept secrets from them. Mitch later restores the room to its original state.
3. Outside the station, Linden sees Holder passing an envelope to someone in a car. Inside the station, FBI agents take away the Larsen files and evidence. Lt. Oakes shoes Linden a newspaper with crime-scene photographs and suspects another leak. He then excludes Holder from a meeting with the federal agents. Linden learns about multiple border crossings of someone named Muhammed and that maps and falsified passports were found at the market. Citing security reasons, the FBI refuses to provide Linden with Muhammed’s last name. Later, Mitch Larsen arrives at the police station and berates Linden for the publication for the crime-scene photographs. At the FBI staging area outside of the meat market, Linden poses as a Seattle detective and asks to see the evidence taken from the building. Left alone, she takes a picture of the pink shirt before being caught and reprimanded by an FBI agent for breaching the evidence’s chain of custody. Linden takes the picture of the shirt to show to Mitch Larsen who tearfully confirms that it is Rosie’s t-shirt.
4. Back at the police station, Oakes again berates Linden for her behavior at the FBI staging area, telling her that she should remove herself from the Rosie Larsen case. Outside, she sees Holder get into the car she saw earlier and follows him to a run-down neighborhood where he attends a meeting of Narcotics Anonymous. Outside the meeting room, Linden secretly listens while he thanks his sponsor, Gil (the man with whom Holder had been previously meeting in secret) and describes himself as six months sober. As Holder discusses wronging family members, including his young nephew while using drugs, Linden’s phone suddenly rings, and Holder spots her as she tries to slip away. On the phone, Linden is again berated, this time by an angry mother furious that Linden’s son, Jack, emailed the photos of Rosie’s crime scene to her son. In her car, Linden scolds her son for emailing the photographs and causing the Larsen family additional distress. Jack counters, claiming that she only cares about other people’s families. Holder later meets with Linden to tell her that he had a wiretap placed on Bennet’s phone and that he can get a friend who is a judge to allow any evidence. At his apartment, Bennet speaks excitedly on the phone, occasionally in Somali. Amber Ahmed overhears him talking about future passports. In the car with Linden, Holder receives a call and informs Linden they finally got something on the wiretap.
5. Richmond attends the parole hearing of a woman who begs forgiveness for causing his wife’s death. After the hearing, Richmond punches a bathroom mirror, shattering it. On the drive back to City Hall, Richmond phones Gwen and tells her to release the information they have about Mayor Adams to the press. Later, Richmond, Gwen, and Jamie listen to a news report that Mayor Adams is paying rent on the apartment of a former intern, who is nineteen years old and pregnant.